Monday, November 12, 2012

Petty Theft... I Mean Really Petty


When we think house robbery we kinda think this...

Stupid robber

In Paraguay everyone already had bars on their windows and at least where i live, no body had glass anyway. One of the most common ways to get robbed is people getting a ladder, climbing onto your roof and lifting the tiles up and moving them. A lot of time roofing tiles are not very secure in Paraguay. In some places they are kept on the roof by little more than gravity allowing you to simply lift them off. 
Its like reverse legos!
A while ago my house got robbed. I think they got in through a small window in my bathroom that I have since put bars on. Luckily, I had my computer and camera with me while I was away. 

This is what they took:
Some repairing and construction tools
A carton of milk
A bag of powder juice
Candy
Shampoo
A comb
A can of tomato sardines
condoms

         

Notice anything? 

Most of the stuff they took was cheap food stuff. 

What they did not take:
Expensive clothing, computer bag or shoes
External hard drives
Printer
Stove
rice cooker
stereo
mattress
fridge
tables
chairs
water boiler
I have a pretty good idea of what happened and who might have used my house. It seems like instead of malicious robbers a couple Paraguayan youths climbed in and made themselves comfortable, made a meal, stashed some stuff in their pockets and so on. 

The bed.... 

Probably the most peculiar thing was that I immediately noticed my bed had been used because the pillow was on a different side of the bed than I normally put in. Upon closer examination there was evidence of non sleeping usage of my bed ... sigh and thus the explanation of the stolen condoms. 



Followed by ...




All in all, was worth it. I can always clean sheets. A new rice cooker woulda cost a fortune here in Paraguay. 





No comments:

Post a Comment